In a radio interview following the vindication of Jovan Jackson last month of all medical marijuana related charges, the San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis calls on the California legislature for further guidance on the subject.
On Tuesday, January 12th the legislature answered the rogue DA’s question. However it is clear by the actions of the prosecutors office that the prohibitionist is listening to only herself.
Despite Dumanis’ upcoming reelection campaign, all active ridiculous fierce fight cases are continuing against legal medical marijuana patients such as Eugene Davidovich, Donna Lambert and the rogue DA’s office is even pursuing a double jeopardy case against Jovan Jackson of Answerdam Rx. Does the DA really think the voters have forgotten her original campaign promise to respect California’s medical marijuana laws?
Originally posted on the MPP Blog by F. Aaron Smith Yesterday, the California Assembly’s Public Safety Committee voted 4-3 in favor of legislation that would make marijuana legal, taxed, and regulated throughout the state. Before the vote, committee members heard supportive testimony from me and the Drug Policy Alliance’s Stephen Gutwillig. Not surprisingly, A.B. 390’s opponents were mostly entrenched law enforcement officials who make their living waging war on marijuana consumers. A.B. 390 isn’t likely to make it further this year due to a legislative deadline, but that shouldn’t diminish the historical significance of this vote. Marijuana has been illegal for nearly 100 years in California and it’s no small achievement for the first proposal to reform that arcane policy to be approved by a key legislative committee. A.B. 390’s author, Asm. Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco), is committed to introducing similar legislation again in the near future. And, the looming November ballot initiative is also likely to be giving California lawmakers a reason to prioritize the regulation of marijuana in California. You can watch the full hearing here.
- CANDIDATE WANTED: District Attorney for the County of San Diego
- Pledge Your Support: Replace the San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis
- BREAKING NEWS: Obama and Dumanis named in federal ‘Marijuanagate’ scandal
- Verdict is in, “Bonnie Dumanis violates Jovan Jackson’s civil rights”, court says. . .
- Re-Elect Dumanis for San Diego County District Attorney in 2010?
- Operation Green Rx: Starring Bonnie Dumanis, San Diego County District Attorney
- San Diego Courts find Bonnie Dumanis “unstable”. . .
- Bonnie D.A.’ Mantis is a Drug Store’s Best Politician
- San Diego Grand Jury investigates complaints of Bonnie Dumanis’ denial of safe access
- PRESS RELEASE:(AMA) American Medical Association reports; “Bonnie Dumanis is a liar”, botanical cannabis is medicine
- Bonnie D.A.’ Mantis is the Two Faced Terror